Saturday, May 4, 2013

Trends 2013 Mint Green and Denim on Denim Trends

I saw that mint green would be a big trend somewhere, (I don't remember where). But I really REALLY underestimated how much of a trend it would actually be.

Within a month, in my school you will see 75% of the girls wearing something that has a minty green color. I'm guessing it caught on so fast because it really is a pleasing color. Its a bright good color for summer, and its a color that isn't subjected to one genre of clothing. Its a color that's not overtly feminine, or masculine and...its just a really pretty to look at no matter how you dress.

A lot of the girls I know are wearing the color in jeans and hair bows and shoes like this:




But I also think there are some other really nice ways to wear it, especially in dresses.



I borrowed this shirt from my friend (I'm a mooch, I know....) But I helped her pick it out at the junior section in Nordstroms.




On to denim!

For a long time I've had a very strong aversion to denim (ESPECIALLY denim on denim (aka denim inception)). Honestly, I haven't worn jeans once in the past year.

Ever since I was a kid I've always seen people wear jeans and denim every day and I wondered why. Denim isn't as comfortable as leggings or cloth pants and its no more stylish. Plus I thought that the 'used' denim look that was all the rage a couple years ago was a little bit dumb.

But.... I'm kind of liking this seasons denim. It looks like denim, but it doesn't feel like denim. It's lighter and softer. Maybe together we could redefine denim and erase the damage done by denim trends in the 90's eeagh.

I'm sorry JT and Brittany. You both are lovely, beautiful people. but....just not under layers and layers of denim. eeegagh.


Auuughh! Forget it! The damage is done!





Here's some varieties of the denim trend these days to hopefully help you forget past fashion faux pas. 



So there you go! Does it take a little of the sting off? Would any of you try these looks? If so, how would you style them? Any trends that you would like me to cover? Comment beloooooow~~~!




Shoes from ShopBop, Scarf from modcloth, black lace shirt from missel bridge, dresses from ruche, bows from claires, lace shirt from new look denim playsuit from selfridge, denim blouse from mango,  demin shirt 2  from top shop, polkadot shirt from moto, drawstring skirt from mango.




No comments:

Post a Comment