Saturday, March 23, 2013

2013 Fashion trends I can't wait to try!

I'm taking a slight break in my pixie cut writing to start doing some fashion blogging. I can't wait until this spring! Unfortunately I probably won't see many of these styles in Alaska but I am still so excited to try some of these things out!

1. High waisted shorts with tights

I absolutely love, love LOVE shorts and tights. They are pretty much my go-to look. I've been wearing them all my live though I was told they were uncool middle school. But alas people seem to be getting intrigued by them in the last couple of years!

See! Zooey and Ashley agree with me!

It can make for such a practical fun look and leaves such potential for funky looks! For me, I think they look best with, or large sweaters and scarves with a really great pair of books for a chilly day look. Or in bright color blocks for a fresh look. Or some sweat pattered tights, ballet flats  with plain shorts and a sweet blouse with a peter pan color. OH! I could go on all day :D There are endless possibilities!

2. Galaxy pattern.

I love the look of these patterns. Its completely unique. It's fun, classy and if styled right can look completely awe inspiring. The galaxy trend comes in almost everything such as skirts, shirts, sweaters, jewelry, jumpsuits and pants, but my favorite definitely are galaxy nails, blazers, leggings and shoes. I think I like leggings the best because I like them with over sized shirts to give a casual skater vibe.

I can't wait to get a pair of these!




3. Vertical stripe pants/leggings

Monochromatic is iiiiiin! I just bought a pair of these and I can't get enough of them.

C'est Moi

They provide such a bold, mod look and can look super flattering on the legs. Again, they can be a little tricky for pairing without coming off like a jester (unless you like the jester look-because I do too!) but with the right styling they can look great! Be very cautious when trying to style them with other patterns. I would suggest keeping everything else simple and using clean eye makeup with a deep lip color.  Be very, very careful trying to pair these with other patterns. For me I usually pair it with a flowing white blouse or a large colorful sweater.

Also in shorts!

5. Simplistic over sized blouses.

These aren't really new, but for this upcoming season everyone should have a couple of these. Having great well fitting, understated basics can be a life saver and lately fashion trends are demanding for simplicity in plain dresses and shirts and patterns everywhere else.

                         Most of my blouses come from Forever21. I find them cute and affordable!

Which trends are looking forward to this season?


Images credit of us.asos.com (striped pants) amazon.com (striped leggings) nastygal.com (galaxy tights 1) nordstom.com (galaxy tights 2) stopshop.cpm (galaxy 3) vanmildert.com (galaxy blouse) modekungen.se (shorts and leggings 3) yesstyle.com (leggings and shorts 2 and 4) forever21.com  (striped shorts, blouses)


No comments:

Post a Comment