Saturday, March 23, 2013

I love tacky sweaters

I love sweaters. tacky sweaters. I love character sweaters, I love eighties sweaters, I love garish holidays sweaters.  I just can't get enough of them.

On a side note- Originally I wasn't planning to take any photos for a while, since, well, frankly it is Alaska and it's freezing outside. Plus: I don't technically have a camera other than my Ipod and a really cheap one I got from the grocery store. The grocery one at least has a self timer so I can take pictures with her, but I apologize for the inconsistent quality.

 Most of Light of The World are slightly edited by her to, but I'm not planning to do any cool edits when I take pictures (mostly because I don't know how -_-) I tried out some simple ones below
But the light was beautiful that day and my friend from Light of the World Photography was taking pictures at the moment and I couldn't help but to volunteer! And the winter scenery in Alaska always takes for great picture taking.
Most of them were head shots but I managed to find a couple to show my favorite sweaters

Favorite sweater #1





I love that sweater. Best 15 bucks spent at Target ever.

Big chunky knits are such a love of mine. They're so versatile. I've been inspired lately by the garish fashion, though this look is pretty tame considering I had work that day and my boss frowns upon me looking to zany (why doesn't anyone use that word anymore? It's such a fun word!).
The scarf was actually a family gift I received for my birthday when I was about ten and I thought it was the ugliest scarf that ever came into existence XD. I'm so glad I kept it though,  the rainbow blocks just seem so me! Funny how things change overtime....
The skirt is from Forever21and the shirt is from Nordstoms.

Favorite sweater #2




My dog Robin kept trying to butt her way into the shoot so I let her have a couple pictures of her own :D

This one is soooo cozy. I found it underneath my moms bed in her eighties clothes storage. She didn't remember where she got it, but I'm fine with this mystery clothes as long as they're cute! I really love the Nordic pattern on this one, with the small red zig-zag detailing. I know you probably can't see them very well but the butters are shaped like little leaves and they're absolutely adorable! The shorts and headband are from Forever 21, and the necklace is from my friend. We made friendship necklaces in kindergarten and thats mine! It just brings up my mood whenever I wear it. <3




Sweater #3













Oh! I just got this sweater a week ago from Johnnie B and I'm already in love with it. The little amount of stripes on the bottom makes it very interesting, and it is surprisingly versatile (Hence the striped pants I'm wearing) It's soft and sweet and very flattering! I can't wait to try other looks with it!
The pants are from amazon, and the bag is another handmedown (hand me down? hand-me-down?). Yeah, we're kind of a pack rat family I know....

A lot of my clothes are bought at department stores, thrift shops, vintage stores or handmedowns. Alaska doesn't have a lot of choice in shops (Our town has one mall containing 4 clothing shops) so I go to the internet for a good 40% of my stuff.

Being errrrr... 'financially challenged' (aka dirt poor) also plays a role in my fashion sense too. But not in a bad way. Sure, I can't afford Gucci and Prada but it just makes me more perceptive to really good deals. Im a smart shopper and save clothing that I own, as styles do come around from time to time.



I'm really aching to buy more cozy hip sweaters. The louder the better.  Its definitely a comfortable easy look. I usually pair with with a peter pan collar, skirt or shorts and winter socks. And it's the perfect time to be wearing them as it is late winter early spring. My ascetic is becoming a little bolder and brighter and my looks were inspired mostly by late winter street style (Well, should I call it street style? No one really wants to be on the streets at 50-).

So this was my first shoot! What does your favorite sweater look like?






No comments:

Post a Comment