Saturday, March 30, 2013

How to style a pixie cut



Feeling a little trapped by your pixie cut? It may not seem like it but there are a lot of little ways you can change up you style!

1. Change your part to the opposite side! This one’s pretty simple but sometimes having the right part for your face. Give it a try! What can go wrong! Do it! Do it now! By doing that I actually discovered that my part to the right side showed off my eyes a little better and covered up a little plucking mishap on my left eyebrow..-_- shhhhhh

Examples with Carey Mulligan!


 


2. Texturize with beach waves! I’m not lucky to have my mothers wavy hair but luckily there's product and pins for that!
3. Curl it!


Oh! The Style Envy!
I was watching a music video with my friend and I saw this guy. He pretty much rocked a curly ramen pompadour and I thought maybe I should try to curl my pixie cut. Thus proves: Inspiration can come from absolutely anywhere.
Now I curl my pixie cut often. I like the volume it gives me and I think if done right it can look very elegant and punk-y. If done wrong it can look like a little poofy fro wannabe. 



                                                                       Me and my fro

4. Fo-hawk it or spike it like Halle Berry. I love the style and texture of her pixie cut.


Though fo-hawks and spikes are usually associated with the punk looks, Halle Berry makes hers look high fashion and chic. So don't be intimidated by this look, hair spiking is for more than just rockers! Just notice how her faux hawk doesn't contain straight clean lines. Keep it casual and random.

5. Sleek it to one side. I love this look. It’s so clean and elegant. And professional too! 


6. Try pulling, twisting or braiding it back.This look can go very wrong or right if done well. You sort of have to have air of elegance to pull this one off without looking silly. I do it sometimes around the house to keep my bangs off my forehead and my skin clear, but I usually don't wear it around.

                                                              Not bad, but not my favorite.

7. Try changing the color. If you’re blonde go brown! If you’re brown go blonde! If you’re a redhead I envy you! Low-lights, high-lights, natural and unnatural colors! The sky's your limit! Lately I keep thinking about going blonde. It'd be quite a change!

What do you do to style your pixie?

No comments:

Post a Comment