Saturday, April 27, 2013

2013 Fashion Trends: Skulls and batwinged cape sweaters

Fashion this spring is going to be so exciting! Vertical stripe pants and skull patterns? I absolutely love that punk is making a comeback these days! And i'm so glad to see skull pattterns become so casual, versitile and high fashion. Instead of celebrating darkness and gloom, skulls now seem to have a more Cinco de Mayo feel to them.
If you think skulls are just for goths, be prepared to be amazed, they have made it to the mainstream.



I think this trend looks best when its understated as accesories, but I also love colorful skull shirts and blazers.

As for me, I acquired a super cheap skull scarf at Wetseal. You can find this stuff everywhere though, there is TONS of cute skull fashion on Ebay.








Love the lace!!!

Onto batwing sweaters!  Are these the real name for these sweaters? The loose floppy arms remind my of bat wings or perhaps a shawl with arms. I think they're called cape sweaters.  I'm seeing them everywhere now and these sweaters so so unbelievably comfy and just have a lovely air of sophistication at the same time. They are often very light and airy for summer too! Some are buttoned in the front, some are open and some are more like light airy sweater dresses.
They remind me of slightly chilly days strolling around the park, doing yoga on a patio, and having warm tea in a coffee shop. Oh! I'm feeling poetic today!
 I have to add that these sweaters were always around but it didn't seem that a lot of young girls wear them up until now. It was mainly grandmas and middle aged ladies. But i'm fine with that! Gramma's be stylin'.


This one is from the Juniors section at Nordstroms, :D I really like the light green tea color. You can't see it in this picture but its about knee length on me.









What trends are you excited for? How to you wear skulls and batwings? Write to me in the comments below!



Skull studs from RiverIsland, Skull blazer from Modcloth, crochet skull from Jcp, red skull from Urban outfitters. Green, first Pink and marbled long sweaters from Nordstoms, brown # 1 from Anna Kastle, red sweater from Sheinside, second brown one from pintrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment