Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What to do when you need new music.


Hey everybody! Whats up? I hope you're all having a great day!

Fashion post coming up real soon, but for today I thought I would show you how to find new music.

I'm a person who is heavily inspired by music. I keep my headphones with me wherever i go.  Sometimes when I'm having a really hard day, listening to music can make me feel so much better about it. I feel like it gives me a little boost of energy and concentration that I need!
But what if you get into music rut and feel tired of your music?
No worries my friends! Great music is a never ending supply!

1. Internet radio! Nowadays, there are so many great choices for Internet radios, and that's usually my number one  choice for finding great music. I usually use Pandora but here's a list of other great music streaming websites. Here it beAnd here be another.

2. Youtube! Believe it or not, finding artists on youtube can be easy and helpful. Either try the music discovery project or try searching in you favorite artist and use the redirecting videos on the right hand of your screen to find similar artists and songs and voila! Endless possibilities! This is best used for finding indie or hipster music.


3. Ask your friends who their favorite artists are! This can be a hit or a miss but I've found some really great artists that have been introduced to me though friends.

4. Broaden your horizons. Maybe you've been stuck on the same genre for too long. That happens to me sometimes. When I first got my first mp3 player, I thought all I would ever like was disco music....so..yeah....that only lasted for like a month though. Try something new! Perhaps someone's a closet country fan, hmmmmm?

5. Foreign music. Yes, I know Gangnam style is cool and all, but honestly, their is so much more to foreign music. You just might not know about it because of the language barrier! But with a little research, their is so much music to be discovered! I suggest starting at the international billboard charts and work your way from there.
orcheckoutmyearlierblogpostsformusicilike
'coughcoughcough'.

6. Listen to the non-Internet radio. Underrated, these days! I mostly like listening to the college station, because there is a lot of very different variety of unique music you wouldn't find on the 'top 40' station.

And Voila! Those are my tips for finding new music! Good luck everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment