Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I Got a Terrible Haircut





Where did it go wrong!?!?!

About a half a year ago I went into the salon I brought in a picture of Rainie Yang's short hair tucked behind her ears because I like the rounded shape of her short hair but I wanted to keep my length since I was growing out my hair. 

Halfway through the hairdresser said. “Well, I’ve trimmed the back up a bit, but I’m just going to make the sides shorter to even it up when it grows out. Okay? Okay.” This is where I should have snapped out of my after school daze and told her no. Buuuttt I kept quiet and passive, leading me up to the worst haircut ever imaginable.

She cut the sides unevenly, and not past the top of my ear, giving me a mini rat tail and a short bowl cut on top.

 4 months of growing it out. Gone.
It looked kind of like this expect this looks better

I was devastated. It looked awful.
It was so short there was no possible way to get it re-cut without shaving it all off.
People at school noticed. When my very HONEST and BELOVED friends saw me the first day, they downright gasped “Your hair!!! OHGAWD WHAT HAPPENED?”. 

Friends reaction

There was no denying that it was awful. I don’t have any pictures of that first month for a reason. 
To be truthful, It wasn’t all the hairstylist's fault (though there is NO way that I'm ever going there again). I should have spoken up. The experience made me a little afraid to go to the hairdressers ever again, but eventually I switched places.

Tips for bad the recipients of bad haircuts (especially those that are too short to re-cut):

1. Don’t get angry at your stylist. Nothing good will come of it. Speak up and tell her calmly what you don’t like and what you like. If its long enough to cut again maybe damage control and ask if re cutting it is an option.-

2. You are allowed one good cry/freakout
After that you just need to move on. Hair is hair and although you might look like a troll doll now, this is not the worst thing that could happen to you. Overcompensate your bad hair by becoming a better person. In times to come your terrible haircut will make a great story that everyone will laugh about or a horrible memory that everyone will block out of there minds!

3. If it’s winter: Congratulations! Its hat time!

4. Please, think twice resort to wearing wigs or extensions. I KNOW YOU GOOGLED IT. I thought about wearing extensions and even bought one just to see how it looked. I decided that it wasn’t for me. Maybe that’s just me though, probably because I don’t like the way that long hair looks on me. If you do get extensions, please wait a couple weeks to decide if you want to wear them and make sure that either they’re good quality or Nicki Minaj crazy.


5. Shower to assess the damage. Maybe it’s just styled weird. It happens sometimes

6. Play around with the straightener and curler. Even with my tiny scruff of hair on my head the curler added a cute amount of poufy volume that I learned to live with (Instead on leaving it in its natural bowlcut disaster look.

7. Smile, like it never even happened. Come up with a lot of witty comebacks if people insult your hair.

8. I don't know anything about hair growth vitamins, nor have I ever used them, but if any of you find them useful, please do share!

I know things don't look so rosy right now, but I promise, in a month or two it won’t be a big deal at all. 

Here's some pusheen gifs to cheer you up.


No comments:

Post a Comment