Saturday, April 13, 2013

Growing out a pixie cut part 2: Inbetween stage and short bob

It's been about about another month of growth since my first 'growing out a pixie cut' post. I'm still pretty much still in that in the in-betweener stage.

I've gotten a trim since then (I was so nervous I was squirming in  the chair!) and came out with a look that I hadn't really expected. Not in a bad way, just a look that I'd never had before. Unstyled and straight from the chair It looked sort of like a one of those mod/helmet/ A-line/high fashion/blunt/flapper bobs.  Its hard to describe, but.....you know what I'm talking about!





Kind of inbetween these cuts, but my layers are a little different.
It was a shock to see myself at first, and I didn't know if I liked it or not. But afterwords I realized
This was the first step away from the pixie cut.

I got a haicut that wasn't a pixie cut.

Finaaaallyy! And once I grew into the cut I liked it more and more, using bold flat colors in my wardrobe to match the new style. I can swoosh it behind my ears for an elf-like style! Unfortunately I don't have have her magical hairdresser products to make my hair so smooth and shiny, but I don't mind! I like the bedhead look as well.

I haven't had such short bangs for a while (besides my awful attempt a couple years ago to try and cut my own bangs. 'shudder') but the shorter bangs seem to create the illusion that my hair is longer than it is. As my hair is getting longer I'm opting more for a middle part as that seems to create some added length-illusion and fullness as I can part my bangs to the side to give my hair a more full look.
Tada! There's me!
Bangs swept to one side vs. full bangs


Sides behind my ears vs. covering my ears

AGG! I should have cropped my hands out but...I'm too lazy now...

Hmm, and I didn't realise that my hair was kind of messy this morning...but that's all cool. I like it that way anyways. :)

Comparing this post to my last pixie post, I'm not that much farther along in growth, but instead of being on out-grown pixie cut look, now I have kind of a short bob. Its coming along! Slowly, but it its growing.

During this stage I'm trying to cut back on straightening and curling just for the sake of healthy hair, but I occasionally texturize my bangs.

Okay! So that's my second installment of growing out my pixie cut! I think I may be finally past the awkward parts of growing it out (Or am I??? DUN DUN DUUUN) Tune in next time!

Check out the next episode here!



2 comments:

  1. I love reading about your pixie cuts! My hair's currently growing out (slowly) and it's sort of in between mullet and shag and bob (because I have so much hair). It's sort of rounded, grown out pixie cut.
    But you're hair's cute! :) I don't know if there've been updates since April, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :DDD!!!! There have been more updates but the formatting on here sometimes gives me issues! Gahhh! I'll look into it!!!

      Delete