Saturday, April 13, 2013

Oncoming trends 2013: Rainbow and Ombre

Mark my words, rainbow will be in soon. I can already feel it.  It can't be just me noticing more and more cute rainbow items being available in clothing stores.
My thoughts?  I’m really excited, I love color! And I think rainbows are underrated and awesome. I’m glad that they are becoming more fashionable instead of only seen on young kids clothing. Plus this trend doesn’t seem to be that expensive.

I got an amazing rainbow sweater from Modcloth as a gift, but then I had to return it because the sleeves were uneven. Oh well. If the sweater ever drifts into my possession again (meaning: if they have an crazy sale, fingers crossed) I'll update with a picture of it!

Here it is. It reminds me of the joys of Reading Rainbow and I just love its retro 70's style. Until then I have this rainbow sweater a long time ago from Forever 21.



And my favorite rainbow scarf first seen in I Love Tacky Sweaters! <3



 The second thing I'm seeing is Ombre, Ombre, Ombre. First, it had just started as a hair trend that started with a darker color on the top and become lighter at the ends, Like so~


Subtle and Cute!

But since then Ombre seemed to evolve quickly into different forms. It started to show up on shirts then skirts, sweaters and Ombre hair become more abstract. The look of Ombre reminds me of water color paintings. It's delicate, sweet and easy to pair with different patterns. One of my favorite looks right now is Ombre Pastel hair. 


So Cute!!!!! When my hair grows out a little bit I definitely want to try this look
I bought one ombre sweater from my local grocery store, and the label says its from 'Love by Design'



Here are some other Ombre looks that you might like!






There is even DIY ombre for old T-Shirts!!! I definetly can't wait to try that!


Would you wear any of these bold trends? If so, which way is your favorite way to wear Ombre and Rainbow?

The rainbow shoes are from ASOS Rainbow sweater 2 is from from Dehlias,  the rainbow sweater dress from Modcloth, the bleeding rainbow tee from UrbanOutfitters, Ombre hair 1  is from ninas creative couture, Ombre 2 is from Haircolorideas.com the sneakers are from Sneakers Shopbop Ombre pants are from Winsorstore, the Ombre jacket from Forever 21 and the skirt from Modcloth.



No comments:

Post a Comment